KEYNOTE: Monday, 22 October 13:00-15:30
Workshop: 8 Steps in Building MSL/Field Medical Team Excellence Framework in Your Company
- What is field medical excellence? Why does it matter? With the continued growth of the MSL function, organisations need to address these questions.
- During this session delegates will gain insights into 8 interlinked components which form an excellence framework to provide support for the delivery of field medical excellence.
WORKSHOPS: Tuesday, 23 October 8:30-10:30 and 13:30-15:15Participants will be able to attend both workshops (one at 8:30 and the other at 13:30)
MSL Workshop: Unlocking the Key to MSL Value Demonstration
- As the external face of Medical Affairs, the MSL has a key role to play as a conduit between the healthcare community and the wider medical function, but demonstration of MSL value and impact to both internal and external stakeholders can be a challenge for organisations.
- During this workshop we will explore and define the critical steps which need to be in place to optimally demonstrate in-role effectiveness: metrics, communications, tools and capabilities
MSL Workshop: Taking the Struggle Out of Strategic Planning
MSL/Field Medical teams are considered to be the “scientific face” of the company and field based extension of Medical Affairs. Early contribution to an organization’s strategic planning process from Medical Affairs has become essential. With growth in MSL deployment and integration, with their prominence comes an increased requirement for strategic planning as a core capability.
Insights gained from external experts need to be heard early on in the process, as well as through a therapeutic agent’s life cycle in order that more patients will gain access to and benefit from the best medicines for the right reasons. Many companies expect the MSL function to take more of a leadership role in the strategic planning process meaning a deep understanding of the strategic process and vision is essential.
1. Understand the essentials for effective strategic planning as an essential skill both for leaders, as well as for MSLs in the field.
2. Describe frameworks that can be used to approach strategic and MSL engagement planning.
3. Discuss the process for prioritization and trade-offs.
KEYNOTE: Tuesday, 23 October 11:15-12:30
MSL Keynote Session: Field Based Medical and Medical Affairs in a New Era of Change – HTAi, Access, Insights & Fortitude
By leveraging deep relationships with prescribers and opinion leaders and continually collecting feedback and signals from the market, field based medical teams can provide critical input to drug development and life cycle management from early identification of promising compounds through post-launch market strategies.
Meeting these rising expectations will require the whole field medical team (MSLs, MSL leaders and managers, and personnel in support roles) to evolve, developing new skills and capabilities to meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
Rather than reacting to requests or letting others dictate the shape of the MSL role in the future, Medical Affairs organizations should proactively rethink the MSL role that will benefit the company, patients, providers, and payors as well as the healthcare system overall.
- How will future MSL customer engagement be different from today?
- How will companies utilize MSLs to collect meaningful and actionable insights to deliver superior outcomes?