Field-based medical liaison teams are expanding world-wide in response to the growing consensus that MSLs have become increasingly important as medical knowledge needs expands, physicians spend less time with traditional salesforces, and other medical decision makers exert even greater influence over treatment decisions. In addition, as the commercial model is evolving, MSLs are becoming the customer-oriented face of the company and a key player in helping improve patient outcomes. They are expected to engage with thought leaders earlier in development while also effectively sharing medical information and data with payors, advocacy groups and other medical influencers.
Featured Sessions Include:
- 8 steps in building MSL/Field Medical Team excellence framework in your company
- Future of the MSL role
- Demonstrating the value of MSLs to internal and external stakeholders: metrics, communications, and more
- Develop a strategic plan for MSL leadership that is aligned with the Medical Affairs and business strategy.
By leveraging deep relationships with thought leaders and continually collecting feedback and insights from the market, field based medical teams can provide critical input to drug development and life cycle management from early identification of promising compounds through post-launch market strategies.
Meeting these rising expectations will require the whole field medical team (MSLs, MSL leaders and managers, and personnel in support roles) to evolve and transform, developing new skills and capabilities to meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
Rather than reacting to requests or letting others dictate the shape of the MSL role in the future, Medical Affairs organizations should proactively rethink the MSL role that will benefit the company, patients, providers, and payors as well as the healthcare system overall.
How should MSLs evolve to meet future challenges? We have designed a dedicated MSL track for both MSLs and MSL managers, featuring a plenary session and practical workshops to explore how industry leaders are optimizing their MSL teams. Gain real, practical advice from the leaders in the industry and network with Medical Affairs leaders from across the globe.
- Building MSL/Field Medical Team Excellence Framework in your company
- Demonstrating the value of MSLs to internal and external stakeholders: goal-based metrics, communication strategy, gathering insights, and more
- Developing a strategic plan for MSL leadership that is aligned with the Medical Affairs and business strategy
- Expanding the KOL network and building a continuing engagement plan
- Defining the future of MSL role